What makes me "me"

What makes me "me"
My hood - my peeps - my dog!

if everyone else is blogging why can't I?

So I meet this woman in my town, and turns out she's a blogaholic.

Heyyy says I, you mean you just start a blog, or in her case several blogs and thats all there's to it? Yup, says she, you can share opinions, wax editorial over things that seem important at the time and babble publicly!

Sounds good to me! I have a story to tell, several actually.

So here goes, my first venture to blog on the big www world wide whine!

Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Hey, Summer is almost gone , but I’m back! See ya Wanda! 😎

 Mid September, how did that happen?  July was a scorcher!  No rain, lots of sun…perfect summer weather!  Ice cream, sitting in the shade, ok and the A/C….heck it was a lazy,  hazy, crazy summer! What was new?  Well I’ve made it another circle round the sun and turned seventy one!  Teehee… that is so weird and tho theres more grey in the hair,  I feel maybe 50?  🤓  Occasionally I miss my cat.  Yup.  She was a good warm snuggler buddy.  But I do not miss the hair, cat litter or endless cat toys under foot.  I did however get to cat sit Sage: a grey domestic attention hog kitty belonging to friends who journeyed east for a family wedding.  What a nice kitty!  Soft as velour, always happy and chatty….and now she knows me and begs for pets everytime I am at their place.  Cat craving satisfied. 😻

Some wonderful cruises in his convertible and sun in the hair, yes that makes me feel young and alive!  In fact, my ma was feeling under the weather, and in Tumbler Ridge BC they are somewhat isolated.   So I felt the need to go see her.  Its an eleven hour journey, which I could do but didn't think I could do it in one stretch.  Enter my hero and boyfriend Ken, lanky tanned man who just happens to offer me a ride.  In the convertible no less!  Off we zoomed, it was a bit rainy until Edmonton, then we dried off the Benz for a few more quick hours and got to Mom and Bobs by dinner time!  On our way we saw antelope, lots of deer, and a “swamp donkey” (moose)  Kens a very good driver, and was grinning the whole way cause he got to drive the way his car was supposed to be driven.  (Thats code for gitty up and go! And we did, that dang car you can’t feel it shift and all of a sudden yer given er!). I’m so glad we made the trip, it was great to see Bob amd Momsy, .

Ken got a tour of the town and a trip to a coal mine, and mom and I had an afternoon to visit.  She’s 89 now, and her feet bother her.  She’s a tough old bird but in the 9th inning of the game.  I love her to bits 🥰 We face-time 3 or 4 times a week so I’m happy for that. 

Summer guests came and went at Kens house, hes such a good host,  and a very good cook! Makes a meam steak dinner!  And hes very good to me too. I mean he took me on a 22 hr round trip!  Amazed I am. 

August came, and my old friend  “Wanda” showed up.  Thats code for wanderlust, a deep yearning to travel and see old friends.  And I do have old friends from my days with Mac.  My buddy Wally and his lovely wife Neva are in Montana, and they urged me to join them in Sturgis South Dakota for a few days.  Now you would know in my waaaay past life I used to ride to Sturgis for bike week.  19 times actually with my first husband.  And sundry other ne’er do wells. Terry, Ray and others and a few who’ve left us - Palmer, Randy.  RIP boys. Well I pondered the trip.  This would definitely be a solo venture, as Ken HATES motorcycles.  Lol.  So, I found I still had my air mattress, made for the back of my car, blankets, some camp gear, And a bunch of Maps (Mac was always ready for an adventure!) it was a sign!  Go for it, yer a big girl was his blessing, so packed, fueled up I made the almost twelve hour drive thru Montana, a sliver of Wyoming and arrived in Peidmont South at the campground to find Wally, Nevah, Mark and a few soon to be friends waiting with a cold brew! It was great!  Some were into the ‘Shine, I was too tuckered from the drive to partake with more than a beer.  Lol we breakfasted at the American Legion where a major served me biscuits and gravy, then we went into town in Wally’s truck to see the sites.   Hundreds of thousands of bikes, not sure how many rode there because every campground was swamped with campers and trailers.  After three nights, It was time to head north.  I am glad I satisfied my wanderlust, but I tell ya: you can’t go back.  After a 30 year absence from Sturgis bike week, it was not the way I remembered it.  No scooter tramps, no “bike talk” heck its all a big fashion show, huge bars, and very scantily clad women.  Lots of police, saw many cars stopped on the highway, a crapload of clubs. And for the first time in many years, I did not bring home even one tshirt!!!  Hell I still have t’s from 1981.  Lol yup, that was a last great trip, I wont go back.  At least no further than Montana!

Ken and I hit the pool a couple of times.  We cruised to see my crazy friends Tracy and Winston, circled home through Lethbridge to see one of his old troop mates.  Oh yes, we stopped to see George and Martha, my Hutterite friends which was wonderful!   It was good to keep in touch.  I keep busy here as  I started playing rumolli with friends in the condo.  So far I still have lots of nickles!  

My bff since grade 9 Deb and her hubby moved off their grain farm to the big smoke Calgary.  Eunice and Ron stopped during the Jazz Festival.  And my man takes me to brunch lunch and the odd Friday nite dinner with our wee mob of friends.  Now its fall, his garden is nearly done and we await the start of Hockey!

So far so good.  My far flung family seems to be doing well.  And his sons and their women are awesome!leaves are starting to turn, harvest is winding up around here, geese are flying and birds are flocking up.  Yup, it was even jeans and hoodie weather last week.  Autumn is a beautiful time of year.  Maybe one more trip to the mountains eh?  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment